But wait, most of these windmills that I am talking about are really the newer ones. The newer version - all made of steel. But hey, they're still windmills, right?
Moving along, while me and family were in San Francisco, I saw this beautiful windmill. It has a classic beauty. Something that calls your name when you pass by the Great Highway. Or maybe it's just my illusion! While grabbing lunch, my in-laws picked the right place. I have been longing to go up close and personal with this particular windmill. And that particular lunch was my chance.
I get to see it real close. It's so beautiful, it's majestic. It's even prettier when you see from the beach. It's beauty just exudes amidsts the lush trees. So, just like anybody with a camera, I took snaps. I took various point of views of the same windmill. I thought it will be cool to see them from different vantage point and edit them differently. Let's see which is the best.

The birdies sitting on the blades made this photo for me. I did not wait for them. They just happen to be at the right time and place.

I had my 50mm with me. I was hoping to get a wider view but that was not the case. I settled for this shot because it gives me the feeling of what the windmill is made of.

After the last photo, I then decided to switch from 50mm to my wider ones. Thus the above photo. I have to go for this preset because if I'll settle for the colored ones, some parts of it are blown out. I liked how it came out though.

This was taken from across the street, by the beach. It was just lovely. The sun was a little harsh but this windmill's beauty was able to withstand it.
As I have mentioned, the photos above were all from the same windmill. I just edited them differently to see which one is the most interesting. Speaking of editing, I all played them with the Lightroom Presets and finished them in my CS.
With that being said and done, my most favorite of the four is the last one. How about you? If you were in my shoes, what could have you done with the photos? What is your fave thus far? Just wondering!!!
8 comments:
The last two are definitely my favorite and honestly I love both edits! The second to last on just gives off this majestic feeling you described and is just plain awesome. The last one I just stare at the beauty. The lush trees, the brilliant blue sky. I don't think they all need to be edited the same at all. I like them the way they are. The editing helps you describe the feeling you get looking at it differently. Okay, I hope that all made sense. I'm in awe and just trying to find my words. :)
This is the windmill at the edge of Golden Gate Park right? I have a few pic of the windmill that I took when I was there in October. Its so beautiful
What a cool windmill. Love all these.
@Melissa: oh yes!! You totally made sense and I totally get what you are saying!! Thank you!
@Aasiya: yes it is..It's the one by the Great Highway facing the Pacific Ocean...:) it's totally a beautiful windmill!
@Amy: thank you!
My favorite one is the very first one. I love how the sun makes the blades almost look golden and plus the birds:) Very beautiful!
@Bek: thank you!!!
Post a Comment