Tuesday, March 1, 2011

60/365 - Hershey

60/365 - Hershey

Who is Hershey? Well, he is one of my daughter's cuddlebug. He was given to her by my boss on Valentine's day. I guess Mady was my manager's valentine.

Today, I have a lot of things on mind of what to shot. But because there's a lot of them, I could not decide which one to go. Actually, the things that were building up on my mind were just plain subjects. I sat on the corner of the couch while watching tv, thinking as to how I am going to compose the subjects. Unfortunately, nothing appeal to me.

So, as I put my daughter to bed, I saw her Hershey. I looked at it closely. I wanted something that will show the fur. I wanted something that will show something dreamy. I positioned Hershey up in the counter. I tried about 5 or so different positions and again, nothing appealed to me. After about 15 minutes, I checked the photos from my LCD and deleted the photos that I didn't like. The one thing that I like the most was deleted by accident.

***Lesson learned: do not delete the photos from the camera. Wait until you transfer the photos to your computer and delete them from there. It'll save you time and it'll allow to let you look at the images closely.***

So, I have to set-up Hershey again on the counter. This time, I followed how it's being positioned on my mind. I really wanted something dreamy yet it'll allow you to feel its softness. I positioned my tripod from the floor and positioned my camera about 60 degrees against the light (am I saying it right?). I tried at least quite a few settings. And bingo!!!!

I did process it in Lightroom. But believe me, I could not even remember how I did it. After Lightroom, I then finished it in my CS. And again, I could not remember how I did it.

***Another lesson learned: Always remember to write down notes for reference in the future.***

6 comments:

Melissa said...

This post was like the reading from my own book. I've deleted a good photo one too many times and I always forget my processing when I like it and want to go back. The things we learn. :) I love the photo, I would have never imagined you took it at night. I love the lighting.

Amy said...

Aww, this is very sweet. I like the angle.

noreen said...

@Melissa: this is the beauty of the 365 project. It may be a daunting task but as we go along the way, we learned so many things. I am so glad, I am not the only one!!! LOL..And I usually take my photos at night right around 9-11 pm. When I am working, I don't take my camera to work and that's the only time I can play with it - when my baby is asleep. :)

noreen said...

@Amy: thank you!

Aasiya said...

Great lighting!

noreen said...

Thank you!!!