
The rocks. These two things were sitting on top of our kitchen counter when I came home from work. At first, I thought it was my daughter's. I thought these things make an impact and seem interesting to her. Then, I asked my hubby what it is doing on the counter top. His immediate response what that he picked it up for me. The reason? He thought it will be an interesting subject for my 365. I was so surprised that he even said 365 project. I never thought he'd care about what I was doing. I always encourage him to take pictures for me but always give a blunt answer that he is not a photographer and he doesn't like to take pictures. And since that is what I always hear from him, I don't normally discuss this into detail although we talk about it from time to time. And of course, he is aware of it because whenever we go somewhere, I always have my camera with me, next to the diaper bag.
Going back to the subject, I thought that these rocks could really be a good subject for the day especially because to me, it has something to do with the celebration today. Today our 4th wedding anniversary. Four years of ups and downs, highs and lows, and of crazy and happy moments. As I look into these two things, it came into my mind that that's how we are to each other. We are each other's rocks. He is my rock and so I am to him.
As four have passed, I would definitely say that I am one heck of a lucky lady. I am lucky to have been married to a man who could put up with my crazy emotions and roller coaster attitude. I am lucky to have been married to a guy who:
-would drive three hours (one way) to just pick up my cravings;
-would wake up early in the morning to prepare my breakfast so I will not go to work hungry;
-would wake up early in the morning to make me lunch;
-would sit beside me for two, three, or four hours of boring tennis match;
-would watch tv/movie with me without complaining if I switch from one channel to the another;
-would rub my back and tootsies when I am feeling stressed;
-would take me to a drive if I need to take pictures;
-would never be ashamed to express how much he loves and adores his wife through his facebook page (which is read by quite a number of people);
-first taught me how to use the hair dryer and straightening iron;
-would not be ashamed to walk around the women's section of the department store and select clothes for me;
-would cook anything that I want and anything that I feel like eating (basically, he's our in house chef).
And most importantly, I am lucky to be married to a man who is the best father to a daughter and a son and who loves me unconditionally.
To my hubby, Happy 4th Anniversary to us!! I am looking forward to many more years being married to you!! :)
4 comments:
Happy Anniversary! Well said and the rocks are a great symbol for you two.
This is so incredibly sweet. Happy anniversary! Do you use a light box?
@Bek: thank you!!!!
@Aasiya: Thank you!!! Nope, i don't use lightbox. I don't have any...I have an alternative thought. I used a white paper and put my subject under a bright flourescent light and adjusted my white balance. ;)
Post a Comment