Sunday, February 20, 2011

50/365 - A Road Less Travelled

50/365 - A road less Travelled

Today, the world was gloomy and sad. It's been raining here in the part of California. Regardless of the weather, the family still head out of the house to visit my in-laws. When the rain stopped, me and hubby decided to take a road trip to the Travis Air Force Base (which is about a 15-30 minute drive from my in-laws). Ever since, we always took the easy way to the base. We take the back roads. It's faster because there's no traffic. The only caveat is you need to know the streets real close or else you'll end up on the other side of a big plain.

Needless to say, we took Highway 13 so it's much faster than the regular route. Once we hit the last turn, I have been longing to stop the car at the shoulder and take a photo of the road. The reason is, the road extends to the next corner straightly (is there such a term?).

Today was my chance. As I looked around, this particular road was empty, (well, except for us). I asked hubby to take a stop. After a little bit of confusion, he finally realized of the reason. Without any further questions asked, he stopped. Even before I got out of the car, my settings were already prepared. So, I stand in the middle of the road and took a snap as fast as I could. ONE snap and that's all it takes. I need to get back to the waiting car because cars are starting to come our way. Since this is a less travelled road, usually people drive more than the speed limit of 55mph.

Though it was only one, I was glad with the result. This is by far my most favorite of all the snaps that I took today.

10 comments:

Aasiya said...

I really like this Noreen. I love the colors (bright yellow lines and lush green grass). I love the wide angle and the DOF. I like that you can see the mountains. It makes me feel like the roads never end.

Bek said...

You are so lucky to get this amazing picture with just one shot! Awesome! I especially love the colors of it and the wide angle.

Shinydewdrop said...

I love the perspective! Brave girl, stopping in the middle of the road like that, but it's only when you take these risks do you get good pictures! I love the processing as well!

Cheryl said...

I agree with Bek, it's cool that you were able to get this great of a shot with one take. That's usually the time that I blow the shot. Nice job, girl!

noreen said...

@Aasiya: thank you!!! Out of the 100+ shots that I took for this, this is by far, my favorite!!! :)...everything that I wanted to achieve was right here. Lucky shot, eh!

noreen said...

@Bek: thank you!!! the colors were more of an added bonus!! My main intention was just to shot the yellow line and the road kind of leading to eternity.

noreen said...

@Toni: thank you!!! yeah, I have been really itching to stop at this road just to get this road shot and I never had the chance before. Luckily it was a little raining so there's not a lot of people using this road.

noreen said...

@Cheryl: oh yes!!! i have that moments, too!!! I was definitely lucky on this shot!!! Luckily I did not have to change my settings when I took the shot. I told myself that it's going to be over/under exposed, I'll fix them when I'll process. Luckily, my hands were not shaking..:)

Bre said...

what a great photo, makes me want to go wanderlusting!

noreen said...

Thanks Bre!!! :)