Saturday, April 9, 2011

99/365 - My Dilemma and it's Disgusting

99/365 - My Dilemma and it's disgusting!

It's been for days that I have planned to clean up our garage. The problem is, I just don't have enough time. When I clean, I want it done right there and then.

So today was the perfect day. As much as I want to just relax and kick back on the couch, I could not do so with the thought of a dusty garage. At the back of my head, if I'll have to wait the garage will be hot and I might see something that I don't want to see. And so, armed with that thought, I cleaned up.

After about an hour of sorting, I swept the floor and corners and the photo above is just a fraction of the total dust and dirt that has been accumulated in that place for months. It's also the cause of sneezing hundred times in a few minutes. It may sound disgusting and embarassing but I could not exactly remember the last time I had a thorough cleaning of the garage.

After about a couple of hours cleaning, the place is back to it's glory. The floors are clean to the point where I can just walk barefooted without hints of dirt on my feet. For quality test whether I did a good job, I asked hubby to walk around. After checking, I passed the standards.

It felt so good to have see that place clean and dust free. I just hope it stays like that forever!

Photography wise, I made use of a shallow depth of field so I can highlight the bigger portions of the dust. I also did a little bit of sharpening and that's about it.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh dear, if you feel embarrass of yours, then you should definitely come check out mine. It'll make you feel better! hehe

noreen said...

hahahha...hearing that made me feel better already..LOL..u are too funny!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I don't like starting something and not being able to finish. I do like this shot.

Bek said...

At least it's just the garage - aren't they supposed to collect dust and clutter - LOL.. my whole house needs scrubbed badly.. I guess that's what my spring break will be used for..

Photography said...

Oh good on you! It feels good to tick things off the list!!

noreen said...

@Sara: thank you!!!! I totally ehar you out...at least for once, I want this to be the change...LOL>...

noreen said...

@Bek: I know...there's still the whole hosue that needs to be done...but i don't think I'd be able to do it myself...but i agree, I need a total spring cleaning session...LOL

noreen said...

@Flower PHotography: so true..it's been on the list for things to do...:)