Monday, April 25, 2011
115/365 - Bells
Today was a little tough on me. I could not decide what kind of subject I am going to do for today's shot. Yesterday was easy. It's easter and there's just to many to choose from with yesterday's event. And then today, I don't want to settle with another flower shot. I think I am done with flowers for now. I already have so many flowers and I think I have exhausted every colorful flower that I can see that are along my path - either around the house or at work.
As the time was near for me to go home from work, I still have no idea what to capture. I had my camera with me. At first, I thought I'll take another Madison shot while we will play with her new toys that she got from Easter. I got up from my seat and looked around. On the side of my cubicle, there's a wall where I hang all of the Christmas ornaments that I got from my co-workers. These ornaments were never taken down. I just like them there since I still have no idea what to decorate my wall with. Uhm, I am planning of printing some of my photos and hang it there - just to show it off to them. :)
As I was staring at the ornaments, I think the light bulb in my head just pops and lighten up. I grabbed some colored papers for my background. I also grabbed my camera and placed these bells right underneath the light from my desk. I tried a couple of shot to see where I was going with this subject. After a few adjustments with the placement and composition, I came up with the shot. I imagined it having a shallow depth of field with at least one bell on focus and cross process it in post processing.
I tried with what my imagination was and I am quite pleased with the result. I think the yellow background is just perfect. It made the colors of the bells pop!
Oh by the way, if you were wondering why I did not take my ornaments down? It's just sort of a reminder that everyday can be Christmas regardless of what time of the year it is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I love the background! It's so perfect!
Great use of creativity. I would have never known that was a colored piece of paper. I wish I had that kind of thought process, I just resort to taking a photo of Adalyn. :) haha
So very bright! Very cheery :-)
@Bek: thank you!!!! i have used this background over and over and over again..:)
@Melissa: with me, creativity kicks in when desperate...LOL...but it doesn't happen all the time though!
@Flower PHotography: thank you!
Post a Comment