Monday, July 25, 2011
204/365 - At the Water Fountain
With the weather being nice during the weekend, hubby thought it'd be nice to visit Six Flags Discovery Kingdom and use our Season's Pass for the first time.
I was excited - not for myself but for my daughter. It'll be her second time to enjoy the rides and just to let her play her heart out and explore.
While we were about to hit the floor, hubby saw me grabbing my camera. He asked my nicely if I can just leave my camera at the house and we'll just enjoy our time and every minute at the park. At first, it was kind of hard for me because going to this kind of park is a heaven for photographers especially those doing the challenge. There's so many subjects to choose from. But quality time and pure enjoyment was what's in my head, so I gave in. I did not leave the house with nothing though, I made sure I have my phone with me.
While there, there were so many instances that I thought I should have brought my camera. But in the end, it was a great decision. Our quality time would have been compromised of the many stops to adjust the ISO, aperture, shutter or the focusing or for the subjects. I took snaps of my daughter here and there memory's sake.
Now, for the photo above, Six Flags does not only have rides for adults and kids. They also have some water parks. Actually, they were more of fountains where kids can run around freely chasing the spouting water. After we enjoyed the rides, we found one fountain. Madison saw it and immediately took off her shoes and socks and played her heart out along with the other kids. While watching from the sideline, I can't help but take a photo of her - again, for memory's sake. We were just by the water fountain for a good 30 minutes while our cuddlebug ran freely with babies of her age.
We have foreseen that such event will take place so we came prepared. We had towels and extra clothes for her. After the fun fountain, we continued our journey within the park watching at the different animals and still enjoying the rides here and there.
Photo stat: The date on my Flickr Page is messed up. But this was taken on July 23, 2011 at approximately 4-5ish in the afternoon. I processed with the Instagram App. If you have instagram, I am norenkay...hit me up. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Just caught up on everything you have done in the last three months. You have take some wonderful pictures. I really love the firework photos. I hope all is well. I am so happy to see you have kept up with you 365!
Hi Noreen. It has been a long time. I am glad to see you have kept up with your 365. You have taken some absolutely amazing photos. I especially love the firework photos.
Yes, the camera can take away from some special moments, even though we try to capture them. Interesting to find out that you just described the same problem my hubby and I were discussing last week - basically, that it takes me too long to take typical tourist pictures.
Water plays are such fun, especially for the little ones:)I love her outfit!
Post a Comment