Sunday, May 1, 2011

120/365 and 121/365 All Rolled into One

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who stopped by to cheer me up on the day when I doubted myself about finishing this project. I really appreaciate the kind words and encouragement that you have left me on the comment section. I would have never thought that I'd get such sweet feedbacks from you! From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!!

I am not going anywhere. I am not quitting my 365. My friend's suggestion and comment has just made me realize some things that are now lacking in some of my posts. And again, I appreciate it. The 52-Week project is in my list to-do things after I am done with my 365.

I may be harsh on myself by saying I am slacking because when I first started, I have high expectations of myself. One of my main goal while doing this project is NOT JUST to take pictures just to complete the task. It's about developing creativity, mastering composition, mastering the settings of my camera and most importantly, it's about enhancing and improving my skill and knowledge in all of the photography aspect. And after such realization, I intend to continue and achieve the same goals when I first started.

The goals that I have sounds really hard to achieve or even execute. And since I am a mom with a full time job and who has a husband who needs love and affection, I'll give myself a little bit of leeway. With leeway, I mean, I'll give myself the freedom to take sloppy photos and learn from it. Regardless, every photographer has such kind of days, right?

120/365 - Hannah

Now back to the 365, yesterday, I missed the posting part. Me and Madison had a long day. It started with the cleaning of the house (Thank you hubby) and then me and daughter headed to the Cheesecake Factory to meet some old friends whom I haven't met in almost a year to have lunch with them.

After catching up, me and my friend's family, headed to a park for a Kid's Day. Madison had a great time. From the park, we went back to my friend's house for more catching up. From there, I asked if I could take some snaps of her 4 month old baby. She was gracefully enough to allow me to get some shots. We were in the perfect room. The light coming from the window was gorgeous and it was diffused by her curtain. And so, here's the result of that mini session.

120/365 - Hannah

121/365 - Rope

After watching the news early this morning, we ventured into the downtown area to join in the fun at the Capitol Mall concert. Me, hubby, and Madison along with my in-laws and Christian headed to the location. Unfortunately, we did not get the chance to get in and participate the jamming session with Flo Rida, Kerri Hilson and a whole lot more because the tickets were all sold out! And since we were already there, we just went ahead and visited the Old Downtown Sacramento.

The photo below is from the rope that was used as the railing along Joe's Crab Shack.




121/365 - Rope

8 comments:

Amy said...

Aww, what a cutie. Love the rope photo too.

Unknown said...

Stunning image of your friends little girl. As you say fantastic lighting.

Tara said...

love the rope shot!! And what a beautiful little girl!!

Bek said...

Wow! What a great baby picture!! I bet your friend is happy with the outcome as well:)

Melissa said...

Your friend's little one is oh so cute!! I love the soft lighting and processing, such a beautiful photo!

noreen said...

thanks everyone!

Cheryl said...

Your photos really impress me, Noreen! Hang in there. I got back-logged, we all do. But don't get down on yourself. You are doing fabulous. Keep up the good work. (I don't remember if your comments were in this post or the one before, but don't pull out of the 365, even if you have to miss a day or two. We would miss you too much!!!)

noreen said...

thank you cheryl!!! really, a big thank you!