Sunday, October 24, 2010

New Lens

As I was in the process of reconstructing my blog yesterday, hubby insisted that we go out of the house before the rain starts pouring. And where are we going? He wants to look at the lens that I have been wanting to get ever since. This is the lens that I have exchange for a quite expensive purse.

We headed to Ritz Camera store in Downtown Sacramento. We brought with us my camera so I can have a test shot before purchasing the new lens. My mind was already made up of what I wanted. However, we took the opportunity to test some great lenses. First we tried was the Tamron 70-200mm. It was a sweet lens but I was not that interested. My eyes were still focused on the nifty-fifty.

The next lens we tried was the Nikkor 70-300. I did not get the chance to get a feel of how this lens was. It was hubby who checked it out as I was busy chasing our hunny bunny. But then again, my mind was still set for the nifty-fifty. And besides, the prices were not that appealing to me. Also, I wanted that before I'll upgrade myself to the most peculiar and expensive lenses, I have to make sure of myself that I am ready for the upgrad.

Then right before we purchased what we went there for, the saleslady asked us to try the 85/1.8. It was a sweet lens and nice for the portraiture. Then, my hubby challenged me, I was turn between the latter and my fifty. But I've made my decision. I went for my the 50mm/1.8. Besides, I could not trade for the price. It was a hetfy $500 lens. My budget was not up there yet.

Moving along, as well tally our damage at the store, the salesday was kind enough to throw in 6 free photography lessons. Sweet deal! The free lesson was supposedly intended for their customers who bought cameras from them. But because I've got the lens and other stuff, she give it for free. Now, I am just excited to do a test shot of my new buddy.

No comments: